This story appears in FCA Magazine’s November/December 2017 issue. Subscribe today!
Western - California, Hawaii, Nevada
Field VP: Mark Boyer
Region Website: westernregionfca.org
Ministry Moment: This summer, the FCA Baseball ministry hosted six camps, reaching almost 700 young athletes, teaching them baseball skills and life lessons. Staff and coaches presented the gospel to young boys and girls ages 5-13, with 189 making first-time decisions for Christ! Praise the Lord for changing these young lives!
1. For our staff, that they stay tight to the Lord, unified and spirit-led in ministering to coaches and athletes. We are praying for revival in our region and believe FCA is positioned well to use our influence to impact lives.
2. For our board members, coaches, Huddle Leaders and volunteers, as they willingly sacrifice their time and energy to further the Kingdom through FCA.
3. That the Lord provides year-end funding so our staff can be fully funded as they continue to serve Him.
Regional International Coordinator: Luke Llamas
We are seeing prayers answered as God has opened numerous doors for the gospel in South Asia through increased partnership between Western Region staff and our sports partners in multiple countries. We recently sent teams to run sports camps for 290 athletes at a local university, followed by workshops for 40 coaches teaching the 3-Dimensional Coaching framework. In another country, we hosted a coaches workshop for 240 coaches at a governing body of sport in partnership with former Olympians.
1. Ongoing protection for our international leaders as they minister in areas that can be closed to the gospel.
2. Financial provision for the ministry leaders.
3. Forming new partnerships with local leaders to serve the global sports movement in South Asia.
Northeast - Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont
Field VP: Sean McNamara
Region Website: northeastfca.org
Ministry Moment: This year, we held our second-annual New England Leadership Camp in central Maine, while the Rochester, New York, area hosted its first Leadership Camp, with New York City planning to host its first Leadership Camp in 2018. The camps equip athletes to be servant leaders as they facilitate campus ministry, come to understand God’s purpose for them as athletes, and learn about the rights, roles and responsibilities as FCA ambassadors. The growth in the number of Leadership Camps is a strategic piece of the growth of FCA’s Northeast Region ministry.
1. That athletes will be bold witnesses for Christ on their teams as they live and compete for Him.
2. For athletes to pursue the purpose God has called them to on their teams, in their schools, and in their communities.
3. For transformed lives through our Leadership Camps.
Regional International Coordinator: Phil Tuttle
Ministry Moment: In July 2016, Ken Hastie became Canada’s first ever FCA Representative. Two months later, he created the first FCA Lacrosse dual-country box lacrosse team, which blended players from Canada and the U.S. The team competed in three major tournaments in 2016-17. As we begin to build FCA’s foundation in Canada, we see God having an impact on people’s lives through what Hastie has begun to develop in alignment with God’s plan for us all: to break down and eliminate borders.
1. God’s direction as we look to secure more staff and Leadership Board members in Canada.
2. For our newest FCA Coaches Huddle planned to start in January 2018 near Hamilton, Ontario.
3. That God will lead FCA Canada to connect with key church partners.