Stellenbosch Sports Coalition (SSC) and Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
- Candidates from any country who are actively involved in an existing Ministry and who seeks to pursue Sports Ministry.
- Must be between the ages of 18-25.
- Must have completed a form of Sport/Ministry training.
Applicants must be approved by program directors.
A four-week program where participants will be exposed to and serve in local sports ministry in Stellenbosch, South Africa. Students will gain a global perspective of Sports Ministry while developing character and leadership skills in this cross-cultural learning environment which combines classroom teaching with hands-on training.
June 1st - June 30th (Students will arrive in South Africa on May 31st and fly home on June 30th)
Stellenbosch, South Africa - just outside of Cape Town - hosted by the Stellenbosch Sports Coalition.
Impact has a three-fold purpose: (1) develop Servant Leaders, (2) equip for Sports Ministry, and (3) cultivate a heart for all Nations.
By participating in discipleship and personal growth experiences in a cross-cultural environment, participants will complete level 1 and 2 certifications in Sport Ministry training. The program is intensive, combining in- and outdoor learning experiences.
Participants will experience the following:
- Hosting sport camps for 10-14 year-old children from diverse backgrounds
- Whole life sport coaching in local communities
- Relational development and discipleship through living and working together as a team
- Classroom structured training including the following modules: Sport Ministry Overview, Strategies including Sports Camps, Chaplaincy, and Coaches Ministry.
- Partner with local ministries.
Each Impact intern receives instructional resources that trains on how to raise funds. All funds will be submitted to FCA.
Application deadline is May 15, 2017.
The program can accommodate 30 candidates. Late applicants will be considered pending availability.
Please direct all your questions to Quinn Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org