This story appears in FCA Magazine's May/June 2018 issue.
Pacific Northwest -- Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
Field VP: Ron Frank, pnwfca.org
Ministry Moment: Ministering to and through the coach is being integrated more into the Pacific Northwest Region FCA culture. We have seen amazing things happen through our Coaches’ Couples Getaways and an increased ministry presence at coaches’ clinics and conventions. Also, coaches’ Huddles/breakfasts are growing in impact and numbers, and doors continue to open for 3D Coaching Training opportunities.
1. That God will provide the right leaders to fill the Seattle Metro Director and Northwest Washington Area Director positions.
2. For our staff, as they prepare for and host camps, including new leadership, football, volleyball and wrestling camps and Coaches Couples Getaways.
3. Our region’s word for the year is Focus (Phil. 3:13-14). Pray that our staff, boards and volunteers will focus on one thing: Jesus!
Regional International Coordinator: Jeff Sutherland
Ministry Moment: FCA’s ability to provide training, resources and programs for local leaders has allowed the ministry to develop new partnerships in Croatia, Norway, Macedonia, Kosovo, and other countries in the European region. On a vision trip to Norway, we met with the Norwegian ministry KRIK, which serves thousands of young athletes. Those meetings led to the planning of 3D Coaching Trainings in Norway in the near future!
1. That God will continue to open doors for FCA to partner with local leaders throughout Europe.
2. For ministry partners in Macedonia and Kosovo, who serve where evangelical believers make up less than three percent of the population.
3. The leaders of KRIK serving in Sweden and Finland, as they look to grow their ministry throughout Scandinavia.
Northland -- Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
Field VP: Jeff Juni, email@example.com
Ministry Moment: In February, Minnesota FCA held “Minnesota Made — Stories of Faith,” an outreach event featuring actor Kevin Sorbo and others sharing their faith. One of the most impactful speakers was Jummy Barless, who shared her journey from being raised Muslim to becoming a high school and collegiate track star and now a Christ-centered high school track and field coach.
1. For board chairs to continue becoming more engaged and intentional in helping grow the local ministry.
2. For staff who will lead major market initiatives in Minneapolis/St. Paul and Milwaukee.
3. For the multimillion dollar fieldhouse and hockey rink being built by ministry partners in Alexandria, Minnesota, that will house our FCA Hockey ministry in the Northland. Scheduled to open this fall, it will provide tremendous opportunities for ministry.
Regional International Coordinator: Mark Hull
Ministry Moment: Simon and Franklyn, our partners in ministry from Southern Africa, did a “reverse” trip last summer, and spent several weeks learning about FCA Camps and served at the FCA Sports Camp at Luther College in Decorah, Iowa.
1. For Mark Hull’s transition as the International Coordinator for 3D Coaching, and for God to provide wisdom as we identify a new Regional International Coordinator (RIC) for the Northland Region.
2. For our trip to Zambia this summer where we’ll help train coaches while also learning from one another as our partnership grows.
3. For favor and discernment, as we seek to strengthen our relationships with our Global Region partners and for doors to open to new relationships.