This story appears in FCA Magazine’s September/October 2017 issue. Subscribe today!
Carolinas- North Carolina, South Carolina
Field VP: Josh Gilreath
Region Contact: email@example.com
Ministry Moment: This spring at a gathering in Asheville, North Carolina football coach Larry Fedora shared how Christ worked through FCA to spiritually impact his life. We pray that coaches continue to find hope and strength in Christ Jesus as they lead their players and shape the future generation.
1. For the coaches and athletes who came to know Christ and grew in relationship with Him through our summer camps.
2. That the 38 Board Chairmen who serve the Carolinas would have the mind and wisdom of Christ as they leverage their lives to see the Kingdom of God advance.
3. For God to raise up ministry partners who would pray, serve and financially support the work of Christ through FCA.
Middle East/North Africa
Regional International Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Middle East and North Africa, we now have our first group of certified coaching presenters. We have also quadrupled our number of coaching workshops compared to the previous year, having already hosted five workshops with another planned. We give thanks to God for the two coaches Huddles that began as a result of one of those workshops. We are also expanding camps into a new country and looking forward to further growth.
1. For the Lord to continue to raise up local partners with a common vision.
2. For continued open doors for ministry to take place to and through the coach.
3. For increased resources to be able to support our ever-expanding efforts.
Great Lakes- Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia
Field VP: Rick Isaiah
Region Website: fcagreatlakes.org
Ministry Moment: Our FCA staff in Central Indiana held its first Football Team Camp this summer. More than 200 athletes and coaches participated, representing six teams from area schools. Chapel was led by Indianapolis Colts Chaplain Ken Johnson and 18 students prayed to receive Christ as their Lord and Savior! This fall, several teams will be served pregame meals and will attend chapel services led by FCA staff and volunteers who will lead them through 10 lessons from the FCA Athletes Bible on growing in Christ.
1. For those who made life-changing decisions for Christ at one of our 34 camps this summer.
2. For the safety of coaches and athletes participating in fall sports, and that they would use their platform for influence on their campuses for Christ.
3. Pray 1 Chronicles 4:9-10 for our region as the new school year begins.
Regional International Coordinator: Dan Bishop
Ministry Moment: Our FCA Haiti teammates have fallen in love with reaching their community. The street basketball games program they created and developed on their own has been a huge success, and has given our staff an opportunity to minister to more people outside of the program. The community loves to see FCA organizing these games, and they look forward to being selected to play.
1. For board, staff and donor advancement for our international sports partners.
2. For Dan Bishop to be used by God in his new role as the Regional International Coordinator.
3. For the development of a Caribbean Leadership Board.