This story appears in FCA Magazine’s July/August 2017 issue. Subscribe today!
Pacific Northwest- Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana
Field VP: Ron Frank
Region Website: pnwfca.org
Ministry Moment: Our hearts were encouraged and challenged at our recent PNW Region Leadership Advance and Director Training. FCA leaders Bob Weidemann and Joe Outlaw helped bring clarity to the director roles and staff hiring process. HD Weddel, long-time coach and administrator, shared principles from the lives of Joseph and Nehemiah; and Lee Rossini, FCA Board Member and former Microsoft executive, helped us begin to define the culture of our PNW Leadership Team.
1. That God will bring the right leaders to fill the Seattle Metro and Alaska State Director positions.
2. For the impact of FCA Coaches Couples Getaways as well as Sports and Leadership Camps in the PNW.
3. For God to work powerfully through three upcoming major donor events as we minister to our donors in Bandon Dunes, Cabo San Lucas and Cuba.
Regional International Coordinator: Jeff Sutherland
Ministry Moment: FCA has continued to forge relationships in Europe that will help create sustainable ministry in the future. This summer, FCA staff will travel to Vienna, Austria, to take part in a conference for sports ministers from Europe’s 48-plus countries. The conference, held every other year, provides the opportunity to connect and network with many local leaders. Additionally, FCA staff recently assisted a volleyball camp in Hungary, visited ministry partners in Malta, and hosted students at Impact in Italy.
1. That God will nurture the divine appointments that occur at the conference in Vienna.
2. The interns who attended Impact this summer will be forever transformed by their experiences.
3. That FCA would be able to help create sustainable ministry throughout Europe by partnering with local sports ministers.
Southeast Coastal- Georgia, Florida
Field VP: Dicky Clark
Region Contact: email@example.com
Ministry Moment: Our staff recently gathered in Atlanta and Orlando for our annual training meetings. It was a valuable time of ministry training and a wonderful time to encourage one another and fellowship together before the busy summer. We are excited about camp season, with more than 70 camps planned throughout Georgia and Florida. We are especially happy about new camps being planned, including two new CTO (Coaches Time Out) retreats this year.
1. For our staff, as many of them are away from home much of the summer while serving at various camps.
2. For our new camps, especially our Coaches Time Out weekends, as we seek to minister to coaches and spouses.
3. For our regional leadership team as we seek God’s direction in filling some strategic ministry positions.
Regional International Coordinator: Tom Joyner
Ministry Moment: This past January, FCA staff Dicky Clark, Dexter Davis and two coaches traveled to Curitiba, Brazil, to serve with Brazilian Sports Coalition ministries. They shared the gospel with coaches and athletes from various sport teams, led American football camps, and met with the Curitiba Brazilian Sport secretary.
1. For the planning of upcoming trips to Brazil in September and next summer.
2. With our “Pray. Give. Go.” vision, for God to send many coaches and athletes to “Go.”
3. That God will continue to open the hearts of the Brazilian coaches and athletes to grow in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.