Impact South Africa
International Sports Ministry Internship
Partners: SportQuest, FCA, Operation Mobilization, Sport for Christ Action South Africa, Kingdom DNA
College students and/or post graduates from any country who are interested in sports ministry and learning how to combine them to impact the world for Christ in a discipleship context. Applicants must be approved by program directors.
A nine week internship program where participants will be exposed to and serve in local sports ministry in South Africa. Interns will gain a global perspective of international sports ministry while developing character and leadership skills in this cross-cultural learning environment that combines classroom teaching with hands-on training. There is a large emphasis on discipleship throughout the internship.
June 1st – August 1st [Students will arrive in South Africa on June 1st and fly home on August 1st]
Stellenbosch, South Africa – just outside of Cape Town – hosted by a local ministry, Kingdom DNA
To make disciples of Christ to impact the world for God’s Kingdom.
By implementing holistic kingdom discipleship and global sports ministry training in a cross-cultural outreach environment, participants will complete a level 1 and 2 certification in sport ministry training. The program is very intensive, averaging about 30% in classroom training and 70% in outreach, discipleship, and personal growth experiences. Participants will experience the following:
- Hosting sports camps for 10-14 year old children from diverse backgrounds
- Participating in a rugby chaplaincy outreach (only guys)
- Zambia Outreach (limited spots and extra cost) **
- Whole life coaching in an impoverished township using soccer and other sports
- Relational development and discipleship through living and working together as a team
- Reaching out to the poor and homeless
- Woman’s/Men’s Conference
- Classroom structured sports ministry leadership training including modules below:
- Team building
- Explaining the Gospel (Evangelism)
- Servant Leadership
- Biblical Basis for Sports Ministry
- Effective Sport and Community Outreach Strategies
The total cost of the internship is $2550. This price includes everything except plane tickets and
personal spending money. Price is subject to change.
- Every student will be required to purchase their own round trip ticket to Cape Town, South Africa, which may range in price from $1300-2000.
- If a student chooses the Zambia option, they also need to purchase an additional plane ticket to Zambia, which may range from $500 – 800.
Contact Quinn Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org