This story appears in FCA Magazine’s July/August 2016 issue. Subscribe today!
Pacific Northwest- Alaska, Oregan, Washington, Idaho, Montana
Field VP: Ron Frank
Region Website: pnwfca.org
Ministry Moment: We are so grateful for the doors that God is opening for us and for the people He is calling to passionately serve with us in the Greater Salem, Oregon, area. We are currently looking to add field staff positions by the end of the summer. Our Huddle numbers are growing, a Leadership Board has been formed, coaches are being trained in 3D Coaching, and our Huddles are reaching out and making big impacts in their communities.
1. PNW Region Ministry (VP and Leadership Board) to stay focused on three key priorities: developing emerging leaders, major donors and board chairs.
2. God to raise up the people and financial resources to provide a solid foundation for each of the staff areas in the PNW Region.
3. Coaches throughout the PNW Region to meet Christ, grow in Christ, and impact athletes through their relationship with Christ.
Regional International Coordinator: Susie Jarosch
Ministry Moment: This spring, FCA partnered with other organizations to facilitate the inaugural Justin Forsett Football Camp in Italy. NFL Pro Bowler Forsett, along with coaches from the U.S., Italy, Turkey and Serbia, instructed 75 Italian participants who compete in the American Football League across Italy. The camp has opened doors for us to build relationships and have ongoing faith-based conversations with those athletes.
1. That the Lord would continue to water the seeds of faith planted at the Forsett Camp.
2. For more athletes and coaches who love Jesus to be placed in roles of influence and relevance in locker rooms and sports organizations across Europe.
3. For our current sports ministry leaders across Europe as they train others in sports ministry roles.
Southwest- Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas
Field VP: Wade Hopkins
Region Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ministry Moment: For the last decade, the Southwest Region has had the opportunity to organize high school All-Star games for graduating seniors in a variety of sports. The events not only recognize and honor student-athletes nominated by their coaches and communities, but also serve as opportunities to minister to athletes and coaches, raise finances, and develop relationships between our staff and the coaches.
1. Our camps and the impact they will have on our students’ lives as they go back to school this fall.
2. Our staff and chaplains at multiple colleges and universities throughout the Southwest Region.
3. Wisdom and discernment for our staff and boards as they seek to develop plans for accomplishing their God-sized visions for the upcoming year.
Regional International Coordinator: Jim Roquemore
Ministry Moment: Earlier this year, Southwest Field VP Wade Hopkins and Jim Roquemore traveled to Guatemala City to meet and collaborate with local FCA leader Julio Gomez on how FCA can make more of an impact in Guatemala. In just two days, they met with a mayor, spoke to a soccer league, led a training with eight chaplains who serve the 12 professional soccer teams throughout the country, and spoke at a chapel for one of the professional teams.
1. Developing a board in Costa Rica and for their first FCA Camp in July.
2. Solidify Julio Gomez’s support with FCA and for the birth of his first child.
3. Developing affiliates in Chile, Ecuador and Nicaragua.