This story appears in FCA Magazine’s January/February 2017 issue. Subscribe today!
Northeast- Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont
Field VP: Sean McNamara
Region Website: northeastfca.org
Ministry Moment: Last summer, FCA Maine hosted 63 campers at its first Leadership Camp. Campers were given the opportunity to experience God and deepen their faith, and returned to their schools and communities better equipped to reach others for Christ. The camp received great feedback and plans are underway to replicate it in the Rochester, New York, area in 2017.
1. God’s provision and direction as our number of staff and the Four C’s of ministry continue to grow at a rapid pace.
2. Continued development and growth of the Northeast Region’s Leadership Boards.
3. God’s direction as we look to secure our first staff member in the state of Rhode Island.
Regional International Coordinator: Phil Tuttle
Ministry Moment: FCA Canada has really taken off in the past year, including receiving its official Certification of Corporation. FCA Canada Representative Ken Hastie has made immediate plans to launch FCA Coaches Huddles, grow the Board of Directors, and explore opportunities in non-school based sports. He is also leading the way for FCA Lacrosse in Canada by creating a dual-country box lacrosse team that will consist of players from both the U.S. and Canada, as well as compete in both countries.
1. God’s provision to attain Provision of Charitable Status.
2. Establishment of a Leadership Board.
3. Completing the steps to get Ken Hastie to full-time associate status.
Midwest- Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska
Field VP: Tim Johnson
Region Contact Info: email@example.com
Ministry Moment: Following a game between two powerhouse suburban Chicago football teams, FCA members from Naperville North led a prayer at the 50-yard line with their opponents from Wheaton Warrenville South and fans. God is at work through FCA Chicago, growing the ministry throughout both the suburbs and the inner city.
1. For the training of our staff to have a Christ-centered mindset of providing help, hope and healing to coaches and athletes struggling with sexual brokenness.
2. That God would work in the hearts of coaches attending FCA’s 3Dimensional Coaching academies scheduled throughout the winter and spring.
3. Our leadership board chairmen to be “all in” as leaders of the FCA ministry in their areas.
Regional International Coordinator: Roger Lipe
Ministry Moment: FCA Ukraine is excited to see how the Lord is moving the ministry across the country. In October, they hosted a conference for 60 sports ministry leaders in Kiev. In similar efforts, their coaches ministry has been presenting the 3D Coaching material to different sports federations and has also been working to produce Coaches Bibles in Russian. Additionally, FCA Ukraine has been working to develop a stronger Huddle ministry in order to reach more youth.
1. For faith-based revival in the Ukrainian sports culture.
2. For the development of Coaches Huddles.
3. For more servants to join the efforts in sports ministry.